Monday, March 7, 2011

Valentine's Love for my boys

For Valentine's Day this year, I decided to make love gifts for my boys. (My biggest boy got a new hammer drill) I thought long and hard about what they might love to have, and came up with this...

A super hero cape for Owen



And a super-soft penguin quilt for Eli.

Let's just say that I was 50% successful. Owen LOVES his cape and he looks adorable in it. Eli also enjoys wearing the cape when Owen allows it, so that was a big win. Eli however HATES the quilt. Okay, maybe "hate" is a strong word, but he really doesn't care for it. He has given it to his brother, throws it out of his crib nightly, (Even though I cover him up with it after he's asleep each night in my futile efforts to make him like the thing) and generally seems somewhat offended by the thing. I got him to hold it so that I could take this picture, but he promptly threw it down after the picture was taken. It really is a very cute penguin quilt, but he just doesn't like it. Maybe eventually it will grow on him.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment