These boys. Lately, they've been cracking me up. They're growing up so quickly, it just doesn't seem fair. I have a bunch of silly stories, quotes, and quirks from the past month or so that I want to remember so I am just going to write them out here- stream of consciousness style.
1. Until the past couple of weeks, Eli referred to Matthew as "Map" He would walk around the house calling for him, " Map! Map! Map? Map!" No matter how many times Matthew requested that Eli call him Daddy, it remained, "Map". This video was shot on one of the last days that Eli still said, "Map". Now, he says, "Daddy" It makes me a little sad, I really kind of liked, "Map". :)
(I'll add this video soon!)
2. Owen has had some funny sentiments lately, including: "My pizza is too pointy", and "Falling out chairs: A problem." We decided that the latter statement is possibly his thesis statement.
3. I metioned this in another post, but Eli currently "marches" everywhere he goes. It's the funniest thing- I need to get it on video!
4. Eli LOVES wearing Owen's super hero cape. He always runs when he wears it, usually looking behind him so that he can see the cape fly out behind him. The first time that Owen let him wear it, Owen was trying to snap it around his neck and all I hear is giggling and Owen saying, "Ewhy, you have a fat neck! You're a fat chunk, Ewhy!" followed by more giggling. Later that night, Eli was trying to wear a paper crown that Owen had made at school that day, and again we hear giggling and, "Ewhy, your fat head is going to break it!". We've not heard any of the "fat" talk since that day, and even though it was mean, we couldn't help but crack up at Owen's commentary of Eli's physique.
5. Owen is finally saying his phone number, birthday, and we're working on memorizing our address. I feel like he's got the short end of the stick when it comes to memorizing our address since most kids around here get to memorize "510 Hawthorne st" and call it a day. They don't have house numbers AND county roads AND multiple cardinal directions to keep straight. (Ehh, I may just be making excuses :)
6. I'm sure that I have some more to add, and I know that I have at least one video to add to this post- but I'm hitting publish for now.