Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy 90th Birthday, Grandpa!


This January, I had the privilege of planning a super-special event for one of my favorite people in the wide world, my grandpa. My grandpa is such an amazing guy and has done so much for me throughout the course of my life. He and my grandma were always there for me, so it was amazing to be able to give something back to him.

The other great thing about planning this party was that my brother and I worked together to plan it. It's been a couple of years since I've seen him, so it was awesome to be able to plan this with him, and that he and Jane came home for the event. Being able to spend the day before the party hanging out with them, was also a highlight of the weekend. Our boys LOVED their Aunt Jane and Uncle Rob. It was great to see them getting to know each other better!

The day of the party, Rob and Jane, and Matthew and I got everything ready at the hall while Mom and Dad went out to get Grandpa. Since the party was a surprise, I made them go out and keep track of him so that he didn't disappear right before the party. The guests all arrived before the party started, and Mom and Dad got Grandpa to the hall without a hitch. His face when he saw all of the people yelling, "Surprise!" was priceless! Then he realized that Rob and Jane were there, and that's about when I lost it.



Grandpa checking out his cakes and fruit bouquets
Most of our extended family made it out, including a few guests that we hadn't seen in years! It was such a nice turnout, and Grandpa was completely overwhelmed. I'm so thankful for everyone that was able to make it out and make Grandpa's 90th birthday party such a special day!


The family

Rob and I with Grandpa

Grandpa with his siblings and siblings-in-law



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment