Thursday, February 25, 2010

What was I thinking?

I don't have a clue who that boy was that I was speaking about in my post yesterday. Today, the boy who came out of the tent where I swear I stuck *that boy* yesterday was a different kid. He was kind, compassionate, funny, sweet AND well behaved at school. My heart just sang when I got the report from his teacher that he was, "A good listener, paid attention, and waited patiently for his turn!". Thank goodness for days like today. One of his good days every now and then remind me of what a joy he is to my life and help me forget what a booger that he can be on his bad days.

After school, I had to run into the store to grab some milk and Owen went in with me. Now, I never EVER allow Owen to get something when we're in the store. I just think that it's a bad precedent to set, and I don't do it, but today, when he asked me with his best manners if he could have some wafer cookies, I let him. :) I asked him on the way home if he knew why I let him get something and he told me, "Because I was nice at school, and I didn't make Mrs. Hughes say, 'Owen! Go sit on that chair!'". Ohhhh I had to try so hard not to laugh at his impersonation.




Poor little Eli is still not feeling very well. Yesterday, he took a 6 hour "nap" from 10:00 am-4:00 pm, and then went back to bed at 8:30 and slept until 10:45 this morning, when I had to wake him to go pick O up from school! He took another 3 hr nap today. When he is awake, he just lays on my lap and snuggles.




Please pray that this virus that has hit us this week doesn't re-activate my reactive arthritis. It's finally gotten a lot better, and I only have to take my anti-inflammatory every 48 hours. I am praying like crazy that I'm done with that!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment