Monday, May 3, 2010

Bed Restin'

Well folks, I've fallen behind on the blogging again. I try my best to keep up, but fortunately, sometimes I'm just too busy out DOING the things that I love to blog about to actually BLOG about doing them :)
This is why you get one day of several blogs usually.

If I knew how to schedule blogs, I would do that- just to space them out a little bit.

Anyway... I digress.


Last weekend, the boys and I made the treck down to S. Indiana to visit Grandma and Grandpa Gessner for the day. We had a super fun day, and the boys had a great time riding on all of Grandma and Grandpa's "stuff". Eli took a fun ride with Grandma on the lawnmower, and then a ride with Grandpa on the four-wheeler. Owen and Grandpa took a long ride on the four-wheeler. Unfortunately, they were just too quick, and the only pictures that I got were of their backs. I know you can't hardly see it, but Owen totally has his bike helmet on! :)


While we were there, Owen was also showing off his bicycle skills. He was riding on the sidewalk that runs around the house- until he somehow got his handlebars turned sideways and shot down the steep hill to the side of the house and ran directly into a big piece of machinery!! He was all right, actually didn't get a scratch on him, but he has had two nightmares since then about the wreck. Apparently, he injured his ego worse than his body.

On Friday, we left Grandma and Grandpa's to go spend the day with Aunt Kelly. Unfortunately, the boys both woke up with terrible allergies, so they were snotty, coughy, swollen-eyed, little guys for the Kelly visit. Owen was so miserable that he just spent the day laying on Kelly. It worked out since she's on bedrest- he was a great little bed resting buddy. I promise that Kelly doesn't normally do her bed resting cuddling a Cabbage Patch doll, but Eli was carrying it around, ran into the picture- handed the doll to Kelly and then ran back out again all before the camera snapped. Eli didn't let the buckets of snot coming out of his nose slow him down at all. He probably ran about 3 miles worth of laps through the circle of Kelly and Lyle's house.

It was really nice to have a day to spend keeping Kelly company before little no-name gets here :)




post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love how Eli's shirt matches the lawn mower!
    Looks like you guys had a nice trip.
    - j.j.

    ReplyDelete