Monday, April 12, 2010

Thankful!

I once read a quote about Indiana that said, "You know you're a Hoosier if your four seasons are: Almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction." I thought that it was funny and true at the time, but now, at this point in my life, I would like to amend the seasons to, "Road construction, still road construction, more road construction, and winter." A solid 9+ months of each year are consumed with the constructing of roads, so I think that this amendment to the seasons is completely fair...

This is not what I am thankful for.

On Saturday, when Matthew got home from work, I bustled us out of the house to spend the remainder of the beautiful day together as a family. I noted as we left, (somewhat guiltily) that all of our neighbors had already mowed their yards. Our yard was just going to have to wait.

We had a wonderful day together and soaked up the gorgeous sunshine. We went to church, and had dinner out before returning home at nearly 9:00 pm. When we returned, it was evident that our yard had been mowed. Beautifully. Our wonderful neighbors had mowed our yard for us.

When we saw them on Sunday, I went to thank them for doing us such a big favor. Kathy responded by telling me that she'd been there when she was a young mom with an overworked husband and she was happy to do it so that we could spend Saturday together as a family. It was just so kind and thoughtful. I love them.

So today, I'm thankful for wonderful, selfless neighbors who love us endlessly.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment