Monday, November 2, 2009

Back to the land of the living... Hopefully!

At the writing of my last post, I really thought that my family had a rough week with sickness. Boy was I wrong. It got soooo much worse. For Owen, this all started LAST Thursday night, not this past one, but the one before. He threw up in the night, and then several times on Friday. I luckily still had some Zofran in the house from our bout with Rotovirus last spring, so I gave him a dose of that and he seemed to perk up some.

By Saturday, he seemed totally fine. He ate, drank, and played. I thought that he was better. We went to Jodi and Brett's on Saturday night for game night, and Owen was fine. Eli however developed a fever while we were there. We went home, and I took Eli's temp... 102.8! (Owen hadn't been running a fever) I gave him tylenol and kept him up until the fever came down. I put him to bed around 1:30 am.

3:30 am rolls around and Owen wakes up screaming his fool head off. He had thrown up in his bed. Matt and I both roll out of bed and deal with the mess. We get him cleaned up and back to bed.

Sunday morning- Owen seems fine again. Eli, however has respiked his fever. We fought the fever most of that day and into Monday. He also just wouldn't eat-- and if you know Eli, you know that is NOT normal!

Monday- I took the day off from watching the kids because I was worried about my kids still being sick. (Although the D. kids had already been sick before mine). Lo and Behold they seemed pretty much fine. Eli still didn't want to eat much, but other than that- no fever, no vomiting. We were golden!

Tuesday- I started coming down with it. By Tuesday evening, I felt terrible. Tuesday evening is also the day that Eli first vomited. (While I was at RCIA- poor Matthew. He had a *REALLY* bad evening!) I came home and and Eli and I went straight to bed.

Wednesday. No one vomited, but Eli slept 20 hours. I felt like sleeping 20 hours, and Eli and I didn't eat anything.

Thursday- I took Owen to his Halloween party at school. He seemed pretty much normal and hadn't thrown up since the middle of the night Sat/Sun. I felt really bad during the party and had to step outside because I felt so queasy. Eli slept 20ish hours again, but finally started eating some again. That night, we put Owen down for bed, and about an hour later- he threw up AGAIN!

Friday- Owen seemed fine again. Eli was much improved and my sickness seemed to be lifting.... Until that night when- ELI THREW UP AGAIN!!!


Thankfully, my mom was here to help me Thursday and Friday. I was getting so run down. We've done a collective 40+ loads of laundry since this all began!!

This weekend, everyone seemed a little better. We even got out of the house finally!! We did have to miss Matt's cousin's wedding, but we didn't want to get that far away from home with all that we had going on.

Hopefully, we're on the upswing. No one's thrown up since Friday- so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's over!

I'll be back later to post some photos from our weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment