Monday, September 21, 2009

Peas and Carrots

That's what I'd like for my children to be this year for halloween. The "peas" costume is already decided upon. My wonderful friend, Sara S. made this for her son when he was ten months old and has kindly loaned it to my little sweet pea for this halloween. It's adorable and I love it!!





The problem is what to dress Owen as... I would love for them to coordinate because I realize that the days in which I can dress them in coordinating or matching clothes or costumes are seriously numbered. But what coordinates with peas?? Meatloaf? Tuna Noodle Casserole? While these are wonderful culinary compliments for peas, they would be difficult to portray in halloween attire. Then of course I hear Tom's voice... "Me and Jenny we were like peas and carrots." PERFECT!


Now I would make the costume more "boyish" obviously, but I think that it's pretty cute actually. Matthew is trying his best to veto this idea because he think that three-year-olds are too old to be carrots. But I just don't think that's true! Owen hadn't said much about the matter up until now. Whenever we asked him what he'd like to be, he's changed the subject, but when I showed him this picture, he was PSYCHED! Now if you ask him what he'd like to be, he'll announce, "CARROT!"

We still have some back-up ideas, but Owen is not in love with any of them. The ones that we like the most are:
Garden Gnome
Doctor. (We told him he could be "Dr. Todd", but he has strong feelings about doctors in general- and is pretty resistant to this idea!)

On another Halloween note- our famous LEGO family costumes have been entered into an online costume contest for most original homemade costume. You can check it out here .

No comments:

Post a Comment