Monday, July 19, 2010

Toschlog Reunion

The second Sunday in July always belongs to the Toschlog Family Reunion. Always has. Always will. This is a day when all of my mom's extended family, (her dad's brothers' and sister's families) descend on Mom and Dad's pond house and we have a wonderful time catching up, eating food, swimming and fishing.

I have always loved this reunion. When I was little, it was at my Great Uncle Edward and Aunt Betsy's house. Now, my mom and dad have taken it over- and it's still a blast.


This year, I was fortunate enough to have a couple of days prior to the reunion off work so that I could go up and spend time helping them get everything ready. It was awesome because I got to spend three days in a row with my wonderful cousin, Tonya, and her fantastic kiddos. (All three of her kids were in our wedding-- yeah, we LOVE them!) Even though we were working our tails off, it was really great to get to spend some time together.

The day of the reunion, we had over forty people come to be a part of the festivities! It was a special day. Unfortunately, I don't have a ton of pictures of the day... I was too busy having fun to take pictures! But believe me when I say that it was a good time.
So fun- it conked this guy OUT!
2008
This swimming--to sleeping on Grandma tradition is three years in the making
2010
I have such an incredible family and I am so thankful for them. They are quirky, funny, loving, and above all- they stick together! I'm super blessed to be a part of this family.

One of Owen's favorite parts of the reunion is getting to see his cousin, Tessa. This little darling is almost exactly the same age as Owen, (even though she dwarfs him), and he just loves her. They play together so well, and it's been fun to watch them grow up.

2008
2010
2010


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment