Saturday, November 14, 2009

Oh Owen

Today I took the boys to Steak and Shake for lunch. We were enjoying our meal when a group of elderly folks took the seats right beside us. One of the gentlemen from the group turned around and started talking to Owen and Eli. He asked Owen for he and his brother's names. Owen told him, and then the group's server came, so the man turned back around.

While the man was turned away, Owen asked me, "What's that guy's name?" I told him that I didn't know, and Owen replied, "I think that it's probably, 'Grandpa'."

I laughed, and just then, the man turned back around to talk to the boys more. I told him what Owen had said, and he got a kick out of it. He asked Owen, "Am I your Grandpa?"

Owen looked at him and replied, "No! But you're somebody's grandpa!"

The man and I both cracked up laughing at Owen's assessment.

That Boy!

2 comments:

  1. ooooh the innocence of a child! his name? If he's older...99% chance it's Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, What a boy! Don't you just LOVE him?!!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete